Bumpdate: 27 Weeks.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016


Okay, so if you live in Texas, you might be reading this post from an emergency flotation device... in which case; thanks for being such a steadfast reader! (Just kidding, if you are on an emergency flotation device just hold on and read this later). Thankfully out here in the desert, errrr I mean "semi-arid grassland prairie" (Hubby is a know-it-all), the rain gets sucked into the ground in a matter of a couple hours vs. a couple days! 

Besides today being my 27 week bumpdate, it is also my wedding anniversary with my sweet Hubbs! We had a toddler-free date night on Saturday, and really enjoyed ourselves! It is so funny to think that we have only been married for two years and together for a little over three; it feels like he has been a part of my life for forever now. Add the fact that I am soon to give birth to our second sweet nugget and - WOW! Time seriously flies when you have kids. 

Speaking of kids... It definitely feels like he or she had a growth spurt this week (or maybe I might have eaten too much ice cream, but what's the difference really?), as I am now only about 2-3 pounds under my starting pregnancy weight! Plus, I feel like a football is doing yoga in my stomach almost all of the time. The kid is all knees, elbows, and butt I swear! Having a posterior placenta has been fun/creepy this time around because this kid MOVES; and with no placenta in the way, you can SEE he or she going to town in my womb. It''s like Hallmark moments meets Alien v. Predator. 

Baby Dos is weighing in at just about 2 pounds, and it around 14-15 inches long (according to my Baby Center app), about the size of a large head of cauliflower. He or she is certainly moving alot more often, and on a more regular schedule. I get the most activity when I am either eating, relaxing (like right before I fall asleep!), and sitting in church - I think it is because they get squished in my abdomen! I have had no swelling this week, my heartburn is almost gone, and my hemorrhoids are less painful! I have been increasing my stretches because of some tightness in my lower back and sides, but no pain - praise the Lord!

Today also marks the beginning of my serious potty training schedule for B, so if you have any tips, kind words, or prayers to send me - please do so in the comments below!

Stay sweet, 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!