Bumpdate: 22 Weeks.

Sunday, March 13, 2016


This last week has been full of ups and downs, but I am finally feeling much better than I have been! The weather has been better here, so we have been able to spend more time outside - Bonnie's favorite thing to do! Baby Dos had another growth spurt this week, and has been dancing low (like on my cervix, y'all) almost every night. 

This week, Baby Dos is a little longer than 11 inches long, and weighs about one pound now - about the size of a spaghetti squash! I haven't gained a significant amount of weight over the last week or so - about .3-4 lbs, so still doing well to stay on track with my weight gain / under my weight from when I began this pregnancy. 

I am growing increasingly aware of how big my belly is getting - I have knocked over several glasses of water by not paying attention to my bump. Christopher and I watched the baby roll around in my belly one night this week (it still looks a little like Alien vs. Predator to be honest), and he was really excited about it. I am also starting to get some lower back pain that I have been dealing with by increasing my stretches and making sure that I don't bend at the waist, but squat to pick up Bonnie or dropped things. 

This Wednesday I have my 20 week (ish) diagnostic sonogram, so we will get to see little Baby Dos in 3D! I am super excited about that because I have never had a 3D ultrasound before - so it will be so awesome to see the baby's features and not just a grainy, black and white picture. We are also getting ready for Easter, and are looking forward to maybe going on an Easter egg hunt!

Stay tuned in next week for a recap of our sonogram results and more information on Baby Dos!

Stay sweet,

8 comments:

  1. Awe. You look beautiful! So exciting to have a 3D ultrasound. Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a 3D!! I bet it's awesome though. Congratulations on your pregnancy, your post brings back so many memories of what it's like to be expecting. I CAN wait a while longer for my second though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very excited, but Hubby is kinda freaked out that we can really see them - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are 1 week ahead of me :) What an exciting time! I loved this update! I hope you have a great week :) Thanks for sharing!

    kristinacamille.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pregnancy lower back pain is the worst, ugh. I always liked warm compresses (not too hot obviously). You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Justine! I appreciate it!

      Delete