Baby Dos Wish List.

Friday, March 11, 2016


The best part about passing a milestone in life, like getting married or having a baby, is getting to register for things... Okay just kidding! But as an obsessive/anal-retentive planning addict, registering for things helps me feel more prepared for the huge life change that is coming! The one thing that I disliked about registering for B's arrival, was that I had to go to several different stores and make a list of things we needed at each one; some of the items we wanted/needed were only available online, or were out of stock, or just weren't carried anywhere else! For Baby Dos, I discovered BabyList on one of the countless baby blogs/websites/apps/pages that I visit obsessively. Because we are waiting to find out what this sweet bundle of joy is until his or her birthday, and that this is our second baby, the majority of the items on my list are either practical in nature/convenience oriented... but still needed!

This is one of the more pricey items on my *wish* list. I just love how beautiful and versatile these silks are - and durable! I love babywearing and love that these slings add a simple elegance to carrying your baby close to your heart.  

2. Charlie Banana Diapers $115 for 6
We decided to cloth diaper when we found out that we were pregnant with our daughter, to save money and resources. It saved us a TON of money, and she has loved them; we plan to continue to cloth diaper with Baby Dos as well! Charlie Banana is a great company for all of your cloth diapering needs, and they have tons of cute patterns for covering your baby's tush!

We plan on rooming in for the first few months - because night feeding is NO JOKE. We had a Pack n Play with a bassinet feature for Bonnie - but I could never get it close enough to the bed/it took up too much room. I would love to have one of these with the bendable mesh walls to get Baby Dos in and out easier!

I carried Bonnie around in a wrap constantly for the first few months (and onward) and loved it - but the ones that we have are now stretched out and ill fitting because they were made with cheaper fabric. Many of my friends have this wrap and they rave about it! 

5. 4moms Mamaroo $239
Again, this is a product that I have heard nothing but good things about. We have a great swing that was gifted to us during my first pregnancy that we used for Bonnie a few times - but it was problematic because we couldn't let her stay in it in case she fell asleep (because of low seat belts and an angle). 

With cloth diapering comes some extra chores sometimes. Right now, I hang out diapers on the clothesline outside and spray them with our watering hose to get the poop off of them (when they're solely breastfed, it's all watersoluble so you can wash them easier, but when they eat solids... They poop solids). It would much easier (and cost-effective) to have a diaper sprayer directly hooked up to the toilet!

Since we are waiting to find out the sex of Baby Dos, the gender neutral onesies included in the basket are super helpful. Also, with the recent news of certain companies having carcinogenic ingredients in their baby bath and lotion products, Burt's Bees is one of my favorite (and most trustworthy) brands.

These are just a few of the bigger ticket items on my baby registry for Baby Dos - all of which are listed and organized on my BabyList registry! 

Do you have a favorite "must have" to add to my list? Let me know in the comments below! 

Stay sweet,

2 comments:

  1. The Mamaroo is the greatest. I actually had all of these listed except the sprayer but I had the shower sprayer so it worked for us. This time around I bought a ring sling. I loved my Moby last time but I'm open to try other wraps this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wrap or some kind of baby wearing thing is a must, for sure.... it just saves so much energy and time to have the baby on you all the time lol! This is a great list!

    ReplyDelete