Bumpdate: 23 Weeks.

Monday, March 21, 2016



This had been a whirlwind of a week! We FINALLY got to see Baby Dos on the sonogram machine - so exciting! Already, we can see that he/she is feisty just like his/her big sister; they were VERY stubborn and uncooperative during the sonogram. The thirty minute appointment quickly turned into an hour because Baby Dos did NOT want his/her picture taken. When he/she finally cooperated with us, everything looked GREAT - Thank the Lord! Brain looked healthy, spine was perfect, face looked normal (and adorable), and legs looked extra long. In the 3D picture, you can see his/her face looking left, with the cute little nose sticking out, then the arms are bent in front of the mouth and cheeks and hands are behind the head - like he/she is relaxing in the womb.


Baby Dos was measuring about a week ahead of schedule (which is normal for our babies) and weighed in at 1 lb 6 oz. Thankfully, baby was head down and in formation like Beyoncé, after being breech up until that point. We did NOT find out what we are having (to the dismay of basically all of our friends and family), but even if we had wanted to, it would have been very difficult with all of that rolling around!

I have maintained my weight this week, but the bump continues to grow! Baby Dos continues to be super active and loves to hang out with his/her head smushed on my cervix, bladder, or cuddling with the placenta. Y'all I pee all the time now. It's THAT point in the pregnancy.

I have traded in my lower back pain for some "growing pains" in my hips and pelvis as things start to shift to accommodate my little bowling ball. You can't do a whole lot for this kind of discomfort except for sitting and laying in positions that you find the most comfort - so that is what I am trying to do! My appetite has increased this week, and I am trying to keep up my healthy-ish (because everyone needs Mexican food now and then) diet and exercise a little more frequently to strengthen my pelvic floor and my leg muscles for support capability.

Stay tuned later this week for a new post about some of the difficulties with using a midwife vs. an OB/GYN, as well as my personal anecdote about working with my midwife! Also, we start our natural-birth child-birthing classes this week - I am so pumped! It is run by a fellow doula friend of mine, who is expecting her NINTH child! She is a superwoman. 

To my other preggo mommas, or just mommas who like to chat about pregnancy, how is your week going and how far along are you? Or just tell me something about your pregnancy, I promise I will love it! Let me know in the comments below!

Stay sweet,

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for a good appointment. My babies are almost 4, so it feels like a long time since I've been pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like I am constantly pregnant - haha!

      Delete
  2. So glad everything went well. My now almost 3 year old was the same way on her scan at 20ish weeks. Hubby nicknamed her "Princess Spitfire" and it stuck. She has a mind of her own and we wouldn't change a thing.

    Here is to continued health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy! My daughter is definitely a redheaded spitfire as well!

      Here is to feisty little girls!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad your baby is happy and healthy :) no babies here yet. My husband and I are hoping to start our family when he comes home from deployment at the end of the summer. I cannot wait to be able to do these updates on my own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Keating! And I wish you the best of luck on starting your own happy family! :)

    ReplyDelete