Bumpdate: 18 Weeks.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Almost halfway, people! This pregnancy has been drastically different than my first with our daughter, Bonnie. I am showing much sooner, yet have gained almost no weight (hooray). I am STILL plagued by "morning" sickness, aka a constant threat of gagging caused by nothing. This baby is much more chill than B was, he or she only moves every once in a while - unless my midwife tried to check his or her heart beat with the Doppler, in which case the kicking is ridiculous. 
I like to keep up with what is the baby is developing each week, so according to my BabyCenter app...
"Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, and he weighs almost 7 ounces (about the size of a bell pepper). He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, (I have no idea what we are having at this point!) his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound."

Overall, I think that the added stress of chasing a toddler around has been the main factor that has made this pregnancy a little more challenging than my first. Hopefully, I will stop getting sick so frequently soon, so I can keep up a healthy diet and gain the weight that #BabyDos needs! I am looking forward to my ultrasound in the next few weeks - it's going to be in 3D so that is really exciting! - to make sure that our baby is growing healthy and strong!

Check in next week for my next bumpdate!

Stay sweet,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!